Outdoor drapes – Turn your outdoor space, just hang drapes. They can add color, enhance view, and help to provide shade and privacy to your patio. The exterior can be expensive if you do it to your needs, but if you have some experience with the sewing machine, can of create your own, spending only a fraction of what you would on the market and you can also choose from more types fabric. Start by installing the bars from which hang the drapes, they have the distinction of not oxidize, so you can keep them there all year.
- Measure the distance from the outdoor drapes rod to the floor or you get to where you want the fabric. Multiply that number by 2 Add 4 inches (10 centimeters) to the hem and rod pocket. This number is the length of material you need for a set of drapes.
- Measure the distance from the head rail. Add 4 inches (10 centimeters) for hemming. This is the width you need for the set of drapes. The fabric for decorating often is 60 inches (1.5 meters). If you are looking for the width is close to this number (but not beyond), it is easier to work using this measure and collect the excess around the bar where the drapes are held.
- Repeat steps 1 and 2 if you have more outdoor drapes rods.
- Take the length of the fabric and cut it in half: get two pieces. Each of them will be the length you measured from the bar, what you told to the hem and top.
- Bending the ends of each piece half inch (1.25 centimeters) to the opposite side and plan halos. Bend them into another half inch (1.25 centimeters) for hemming and flattens. Sew the edges with the machine, down one side, across the bottom, back up to the top and then do the same thing with each piece.
- Turn the top of each piece inward about 3 inches (7.5 cm), so that the outer side are together, and fasten them with pins. Overboard through the bottom edge of the folded piece to create the pocket that will go into the bar where the outdoor drapes will be sustained.
- Place the head rail in these pockets of the two parts of the drapes and then re install the bar. Arrange them as you like.
Thanks your visiting and reading our post outdoor drapes.